FRIDAY, 19TH APRIL 2019 AT 17:00
The AGM will immediately be followed by British Orienteering Awards Ceremony where the Volunteer and Mapping Awards will be presented.
The following awards will be presented:
- Club of the Year
- University Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- SILVA Award a person or persons who have made a very significant contribution to orienteering over a period of years, with an emphasis on ‘field' activities rather than committee work.
- Chichester Trophy - awarded for the best map produced by an amateur mapper.
- SILVA Trophy - awarded for the best map produced by a Professional Mapper.
- Walsh Trophy - awarded annually to the best urban or sprint map drawn to ISSOM specification.
- Bonington Trophy - awarded annually for the 'best contribution to mapping' which can cover a whole range of activities related to mapping.
Don't leave it to others...Who are you going to nominate? Does your club deserve national recognition? Who do you think deserves national recognition for their mapping? Who do you think should be awarded the very first winner of the new award category 'Volunteer of the Year'?
To find out more about the awards and how to nominate, click here.