British Orienteering Membership
We are very pleased that you are thinking of becoming a member of British Orienteering. As a member you will receive:
- The British Orienteering magazine, Focus, which includes the junior magazine Ozone (3 copies per year - one copy per postal address)
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme (click here for a full list of discounts available)
- The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the championship classes at the British Championships, the JK and the Area Championships (Northern; Midlands and Southern) *
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League
- Eligibility to compete in the Harvester Relays *
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- The option to compete in a Rankings scheme
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- Access to a members only section of the website
* Please note that members of national federations recognised by the International Orienteering Federation can also compete in the championship classes at the events starred above.
There are two levels of British Orienteering membership:
- Senior – any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year
- Junior – any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year
The British Orienteering Membership fees for 2015 are:
Senior member – £5.00
Junior member – £2.00
Although we have no specific 'Family' membership fee, families can continue to join/renew British Orienteering as a ‘Family’ but the membership fee will be made up of the sum parts. E.g. A Family containing two senior and one junior members will be charged a British Orienteering Membership Fee of £12 (2 Senior members at £5 + 1 Junior member at £2). If you are also joining a Club and Association and they offer a Family fee, the family will be charged the Club/Ass family fee on joining/renewing. Otherwise the Club and Association membership fee will be calculated in the same way as the British Orienteering Fee e.g. the sum parts.
To get the most out of your membership and the orienteering community we recommend that you join your local club (and their Association) as well as British Orienteering. Most clubs organise training opportunities and social activities for their members so it is a great way to improve your orienteering skills and to make new friends. You can find details of your nearest Club by using the search facility.
However, if you would prefer to just become a member of British Orienteering, simply select BOF when you are asked to choose a Club and Association to join.
To find a club in your area and their membership fees, please click here or contact the National Office on 01629 583037.
PLEASE NOTE: British Orienteering Membership runs from the 1st January to the 31st December each year. Membership sign up and renewals for 2016 start on the 1st November 2015.
If you already know which Club you want to join click here
Need to find a local Club first? click here
Pay by Cheque
Simply download the membership form and post with a cheque made payable to British Orienteering. Information of how much it costs to join British Orienteering (including the Club and Association fee if applicable) can be found by searching for your local club in the "Find a Club" section.
Pay over the phone
You can telephone the National Office on 01629 583037 and pay by credit or debit card.
Paying by Direct Debit
If you would like to pay your membership in future by Direct Debit please download the mandate form and post to the National Office.