|Club||Lagan Valley Orienteers|
|Carpark location||At Clotworthy Arts Centre, Antrim Castle Gardens, Randalstown Road, Antrim, BT41 4LH. OSNI Grid Ref: J145870|
Antrim Castle Gardens are an absolute historical gem. You will find nothing like these 400 year old gardens anywhere else in Northern Ireland.
Survey notes from February 2021:
- Orienteering posts 1, 2, 13, 17, 18 and 19 are missing.
- Orienteering posts 7 is incorrectly placed.
- Orienteering post 20 is overgrown in a thicket
There is a different course available in the MapRunF app. Download the app and look in the folder UK>Northern Ireland>Co. Antrim.
The maps can be downloaded and printed from here.
Other Things to do in the Area
Perfect for homeschoolers, try the Ecotrail! Download:
Survey notes from February 2021.
- There are no Ecotrail posts at Antrim Castle Gardens, but the activity booklet remains valid.
Maps Available From
From Clotworthy Arts Centre, Antrim Castle Gardens, Randalstown Road, Antrim, BT41 4LH Tel: 028 9442 8000
Download the Orienteering Map and Orienteering Info page (see above).
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience