|Club||Lagan Valley Orienteers|
|Nearest town||Benburb, Co Tyrone|
|Carpark location||Benburb Priory, Main Street, Benburn, Dungannon, BT71 7JZ. OSNI Grid Ref: H818522|
Explore and enjoy stunning natural and built heritage within Benburb Valley Park through walks along the Blackwater River. The river has carved out a beautiful gorge through the countryside and is an ideal location for exploring.
Survey notes from November 2020:
- Orienteering posts 3, 8 and 13 are missing
- The map has changed significantly around missing orienteering post 3 with the construction of a grotto.
- Orienteering post 9 is present, but the map has changed. Path to SE now meets main track to W of control, so no longer at a path junction.
Other Things to do in the Area
Perfect for homeschoolers try the Ecotrail. Download:
The Ecotrail Starts at the Benburb Valley Heritage Centre, 89 Milltown Road, Benburb, Dungannon, BT71 7LZ. Grid Ref OSNI H803518.
Survey notes from January 2021:
- Ecotrails posts 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10 are missing.
- Ecotrails post 7 is incorrectly located.
- Ecotrails post 8 has the code missing.
Maps Available From
Benburb Centre, 10 Main Street, Benburb, Co. Tyrone, BT71 7JZ Tel: 028 37548241
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience