|Club||Lagan Valley Orienteers|
|Carpark location||Colin Glen Forest Park car park,163 Stewartstown Road, Dunmurry, Belfast, BT17 0HW. OSNI Grid Ref J285705|
Colin Glen Forest Park is a beautiful woodland river glen located on the edge of the Belfast Hills.
Survey reports from December 2020:
- Orienteering posts1, 10 and 14 are missing.
- The start post is missing. The start is at the path exiting the car park.
- A new toboggan ride and ropes course, with associated buildings and parking under construction are not shown on the map.
Other Things to do in the Area
Perfect for homeschoolers, try the Ecotrail. Download:
Survey notes from November 2020.
- All Ecotrail posts are in place.
Bring your little ones to follow the Gruffalo Trail.
Maps Available From
Colin Glen Trust Forest Park Centre, 163 Stewartstown Road, Dunmurry, Belfast, BT17 0HW Tel: 028 9061 4115
Download the Orienteering Map and Orienteering info page (see above).
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience
- Green colour standard or above controls available for experienced orienteers