|Club||North West Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||Dungiven Castle carpark. 145 Main St, Dungiven, Co Londonderry BT47 4LF. OSNI grid ref C692090|
Dungiven Castle is an obvious large sandstone building situated on the south side of the town of Dungiven, near the main bus stop and public toilets.
Survey notes from Jan 2021:
- The car park at the rear of the castle is no longer available.
- There is a small car park at the south of the map, but this is currently unavailable due to roadworks for the Dungiven bypass. Please park nearby and walk.
- Control posts 2 and 6 are missing.
- Much of the wood is covered in brambles and not very accessible.
Other Things to do in the Area
The Ecotrail is out of commission, due to the construction of the Dungiven by-pass.
Maps Available From
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners