|Club||Devon Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||Haven Banks Public Car Park (approx 100 metres from the centre), Haven Road, Exeter, EX2 8DP. This is a long stay, pay and display car park split over two sites, with spaces for over 300 cars.|
- Purchase 'Exeter Riverside (All Controls)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Exeter Riverside (White)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Exeter Riverside (Yellow)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Exeter Riverside (Orange)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Exeter Riverside (Red)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Exeter Riverside (Light Green)' map for £1.00
Current engineering work on the flood relief channel means that not all of the previous Permanent Orienteering Course controls are accessible or in situ. Parts of the area are temporarily fenced off and therefore out of bounds, as shown on the revised base map. (This has been updated in November 2016, following removal of some of the fencing.) In addition, at the present time, it is not appropriate to ask Exeter City Council to install new posts. Therefore, temporary courses, together with the base map and the all controls map, have been produced by Devon OC and can be downloaded. We feel this arrangement – which will last until at least 2018- makes reasonable use of what remains and is available.
For details about how to make the best use of Permanent Orienteering Courses together with important safety considerations, see:
Other Things to do in the Area
Maps Available From
Maps available above.
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience