|Club||Lagan Valley Orienteers|
|Nearest town||Markethill, Co Armagh|
|Carpark location||Gosford Forest Park car park. OSNI grid ref: H967405|
Gosford Forest Park is a forest park located outside Markethill, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. The park, previously Gosford Demesne, comprises some 240 hectares of diverse woodland and open parkland. Gosford Forest Park is also home to Gosford Castle.
Other Things to do in the Area
Perfect from homeschoolers, try the Ecotrail, Download:
Survey notes from October 2019.
- Ecotrail posts E1, E3, E4, E8, E9, E10, E12 and E13 are missing.
- All the features in the Ecotrail should still be easily located.
Maps Available From
Groups require an activity permit available from Forestry Service, East District, The Grange, Castlewellan Forest Park, Castlewellan, Co. Down. Tel: 028 4377 8644
Many of the orienteering posts are missing. A new orienteering map is being surveyed and a new Permanent Oriententeering Course is under construction to be launched later in 2021.
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience
- Green colour standard or above controls available for experienced orienteers