Orange Course, 2.1 kilometres, medium
The Orange course is of medium navigational difficulty. This short course is suitable for beginners who can understand a map.
There are 10 controls to visit on the course.
Green Course, 4.5 kilometres, very hard
The Green course requires technically difficult navigation and is suitable for experienced orienteers.
There are 16 controls to visit on the course.
How to follow the courses
- Download the maps and instructions (see below) and print at home. Or buy an A3 sized version of the map, printed on waterproof paper at a scale of 1:7,500, from Betws Tourist Information or Cotswolds Outdoor Shop
- Pick your course and navigate between the "controls" (wooden marker posts)
- Complete the course in your own time
- Check your answers against the answer sheet provided with your map or downloaded from this pagehttps://naturalresourceswales.gov.uk/days-out/places-to-visit/north-west-wales/gwydir-forest-park/?lang=en
Other Things to do in the Area
For other things to do, please see the Natural Resource Wales Website
Maps Available From
Maps are available to download from the Natural Resource Wales website.
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience
- Green colour standard or above controls available for experienced orienteers