|Club||West Anglian Orienteering Club|
There are 15 control posts each with a number and code. The map includes boxes for you to write the codes down as you find the posts. You may visit as many or a few as you like.
For more details about WAOC events, please visit our website.
Current status (as of 20th June 2020):
- No plaque at the start/finish
- All posts are present and markers are readable
- Markers are on top of posts, not side
- Posts are shorter than usual, so a bit more prone to the undergrowth
- Control 9 is now within the wooded area rather than on the edge, so you'll need to look inside
- It is recommended that control 14 is approached from the North/West rather than from the South/East due to nettles
- Control 13 is within a nettle patch, but the nettles have been stamped down
Other Things to do in the Area
Cafe, bird-watching, play area. Full details here
Maps Available From
Printed maps are available from the Visitors’ Centre or can be downloaded from the British Orienteering website.
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience