|Club||Inverness Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||Parking is at Inshes Park Car Park, off Stevenson Road|
- Get 'Inshes Park White 1' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park White 2' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Yellow 1' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Yellow 2' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Orange 1' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Orange 2' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Long Urban' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Short Urban' for free
- Get 'Inshes Park Snaily' for free
The map is 1:4,000 scale and is a mixture of fast parkland and urban streets. The Short (3.0km), Long (5.0km) and Snaily (1.5km) course is contained within the housing estates of Wester Inshes and Inshes Park. Whilst there are traffic calming measures, the roads are 30mph and there is a bus route. The colour courses [White (1.4km), Yellow (2.2km) and Orange (2.9km)] are good introductory courses to orienteering and only course Orange 2 requires a road crossing. The orange courses are affected by summer vegetation growth.
The course Orange 2 has two A4 maps – remember to take both pages! Lockcodes are required for the urban courses and are listed in the details.
Snaily is a bit of fun!
Other Things to do in the Area
Inshes play park is near the car park
- Wheelchair accessible
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience