|Club||Devon Orienteering Club|
|Nearest town||Broadclyst, Exeter|
|Carpark location||By road off Exeter to Cullompton road (B3181); from M5 northbound, exit 30 via Pinhoe and Broadclyst; from M5 southbound, exit 28 Parking: free, 280 yards. Follow signs (do not go up drive to house)|
- Purchase 'Killerton Family Map 2' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Killerton Family Map 3' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Killerton Family Map 1' map for £1.00
- Get 'Killerton Beginners Notes' for free
- Get 'Killerton Control Card' for free
- Get 'Killerton Risk Assessment' for free
- Get 'Killerton Control Descriptions March 2016' for free
- Get 'Notes for Group Leaders' for free
- Get 'Leaders' Master Punch Key' for free
- Purchase 'Killerton Green' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Killerton Light Green' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Killerton Orange' map for £1.00
- Get 'Killerton Yellow' for free
- Purchase 'Killerton All Controls' map for £1.00
Killerton Park (National Trust) Permanent Orienteering Course
The course was refurbished in July 2015. It was checked on 30 June 2018 and the control posts and map are both in generally good condition and very usable. Please note the following:
Control 02 is missing and would be now inaccessible behind an electric fence. However, the site is clearly identifiable. The post for control 03 is now lying on the ground by the electric fence in front of the mapped control site. I could not locate control 26 - please let Devon OC know if it's still there and in the right place! All other controls are in the correct place, with the area around each site reasonably mapped. There has been some thinning work in the recent years, but this has not impacted the courses.
This is a National Trust property, and normal admission prices, times and conditions apply for access to the property. Please see the National Trust website for details.
Off Exeter-Cullompton road (B3181); from M5 northbound, exit 30 via Pinhoe and Broadclyst; from M5 southbound, exit 28
Tel: 01392 881345
Fax: 01392 883112
Entry Charges & Facilities
See the NT Website
From the ticket office on site for a small fee, or download from this site.
Lengths of courses shown are in straight lines between controls, and the estimate of time is for a group walking around. Both will vary depending on your route choice and ability.
Devon OC welcome any feedback you have on your experience with the permanent course, you can find contact emails and information on other orienteering opportunities in Devon on the club website below.
For details about how to make the best use of Permanent Orienteering Courses, together with important safety considerations, see:
Safety and Risk
Participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety whilst using the course.
Other Things to do in the Area
For details see: National Trust
Maps Available From
This portal or the National Trust entrance desk
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience
- Green colour standard or above controls available for experienced orienteers