|Club||Devon Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||By road 7 miles from M5 exit 27 (A361); turn right off Tiverton to Bampton road (A396) at Bolham Parking: Members park free. Â£1 for one hour, Â£4 all day.|
- Get 'Knightshayes (No controls) (National Trust)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (Star 1)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (Star 2)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (Yellow)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (Orange)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (Light Green)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (Control Descriptions)' for free
- Get 'Knightshayes (All Controls)' for free
Knightshayes is a National Trust property located north of Tiverton.
The Permanent Orienteering Course has been established by The National Trust in 2016 in conjunction with DEVON Orienteering Club, through the voluntary efforts of Damian Wilson. It was checked in June 2018, and all posts are still in position. The base map is in reasonable condition and is very usable.
On this website you can find two Star exercises, three colour coded courses, a set of control descriptions and an all controls map. Any of these documents may be downloaded and used by individuals, groups and families who wish to use the Permanent Course, subject to any arrangements the National Trust may have in place for accessing the site.
If you have any comments about the use of the POC please respond, in the first instance, to National Trust staff on site. Devon OC would welcome your feedback on your experience as well, please see the Devon OC website (below) for contact emails and details of other orienteering opportunities in Devon.
For details about how to make the best use of Permanent Orienteering Courses, and safety considerations, see:
Safety and Risk
Participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety whilst using the course.
Other Things to do in the Area
For other things to do please see the National Trust website
Maps Available From
Maps are available via this portal or at reception at the property for a small charge.
Download from: https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/home
- Loops and stars exercises available for groups
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience