|Club||Devon Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||By road 7 miles from M5 exit 27 (A361); turn right off Tiverton to Bampton road (A396) at Bolham Parking: Members park free. Â£1 for one hour, Â£4 all day.|
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (No controls) (National Trust)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (Star 1)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (Star 2)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (Yellow)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (Orange)' map for £1.00
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (Light Green)' map for £1.00
- Get 'Knightshayes (Control Descriptions)' for free
- Purchase 'Knightshayes (All Controls)' map for £1.00
Knightshayes is a National Trust property located north of Tiverton.
The Permanent Orienteering Course has been established by The National Trust in conjunction with DEVON Orienteering Club, through the voluntary efforts of Damian Wilson.
On this website you can find two Star exercises, three colour coded courses, a set of control descriptions and an all controls map. Any of these documents may be downloaded and used by individuals, groups and families who wish to use the Permanent Course, subject to any arrangements the National Trust may have in place for accessing the site.
If you have any comments about use of the POC please respond, in the first instance, to National Trust staff on site.
For details about how to make best use of Permanent Orienteering Courses, and safety considerations, see:
Safety and Risk
Participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety whilst using the course.
Other Things to do in the Area
For other things to do please see the National Trust website
Maps Available From
Currently, maps are only available via the Devon Orienteering Club website, although it is intended that they will be also available at the National Trust property for a small charge.
Download from: https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/home
- Loops and stars exercises available for groups
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience