|Club||Lagan Valley Orienteers|
|Carpark location||Parkanaur Forest car park. OSNI grid ref H742616|
Parkanaur Forest is a mixed coniferous and broadleaved woodland of almost 200 hectares, located four miles west of Dungannon.
Survey notes from October 2020:
- Orienteering posts 1, 6, 8 and 9 are missing.
- Orienteering post 2 is in the wrong position. It is on the NE most portion of the pond, rather than the N most portion of the pond.
Other Things to do in the Area
Perfect for homeschoolers, try the Ecotrail. Download:
Ecotrail Map (see above)
Survey report from February 2020:
- All Ecotrail posts are in place.
Maps Available From
Groups require an activity permit which is available from the Forestry Service. Tel: 028 66343032.
Download the Orienteering Map and Orienteering Info page (see above).
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience