|Carpark location||Cannock Chase Forestry Commission Birches Valley|
At Cannock Chase Forest we have four different courses white, yellow, orange and light green.
- White Course - very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family.
- Yellow Course - use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange Course - progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters. Long Orange courses are used mainly by novice adults wanting a longer run.
- Light Green Course - ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and ‘point’ features
More information and links to the maps that can be downloaded are at this link
Please note there is a charge for the Car Park, see Forestry Commission Web Site
Currently the white, yellow and orange courses are available as VOC's via Maprun
On the Maprun app the courses can be found by Select Event / Staffordshire / Birches Valley / Select one of the following Ladyhill White, Ladyhill Yellow or Ladyhill Orange
Other Things to do in the Area
Forest Commission Centre
- 4 walking trails
- 4 cycling trails
- Go Ape
- Forest Segway
- Dog activity trail
- Play areas
- Barbecue and picnic areas
- Dogs welcome
Maps Available From
At Birches Valley from Go Ape and Cannock Chase Cycle Centre or can be downloaded see link in the Description.
- Wheelchair accessible
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience