|Club||Nottinghamshire Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||Two miles south of Ollerton and 17 miles north of Nottingham on the A614 Nottingham to Doncaster road.|
Rufford Abbey Country Park, owned by Nottinghamshire County Council, is one of Nottinghamshire’s favourite attractions. Open every day except Christmas Day, the park has something for everyone - from falconry to Morris dancing, craft courses to children’s trails there’s always something to enjoy.
- Free admission to park and Abbey ruins
- £3 car parking charge (£35 season ticket on sale in Visitor Reception)
- Car parks open 8.30 am - 5.30 pm (car parking charge applies 9.00 am to 4.30 pm)
- Dogs welcome on a lead
There are many ways to reach Rufford Abbey. Follow the directions below to reach the Park via public transport.
- Bus: services 33 (Nottingham to Worksop) and the Sherwood Arrow (Nottingham to New Ollerton) stop near the end of the main drive. Plan a journey.
- Train: the nearest stations are Mansfield (11 miles), Newark (16 miles) and Nottingham (17 miles)
Other Things to do in the Area
Park, lake and abbey ruins
Take a stroll around the 150 acres of tranquil woodland, meadow and gardens. Pause at the lake to feed the cheeky ducks or take a peep into the romantic ruins of Rufford’s 12th-century abbey.
If children need to let off steam head for the Play Village, with tunnels, playhouses and sandpit for lots of family fun. Have a go at a new craft in the stable courtyard or follow one of the trails for a Rufford adventure.
Food and Drink
Feeling peckish? Chose from a delicious selection of hot drinks, cakes and pastries at the Coach House Café or for a fine dining experience book in at Lord Savile’s Kitchen.
Need a last minute gift? Take a mooch around Rufford’s charming range of shops selling local produce, outdoor clothing, craft ceramics, gifts and souvenirs - sure to delight shoppers of all ages.
Maps Available From
Park Book/Craft shop. Tel: 01623 822944 or email email@example.com
- Wheelchair accessible
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience