|Club||Nottinghamshire Orienteering Club|
|Carpark location||The park is signed from the A60 south of Ruddington, off Mere Way. The car park is at the park entrance.|
There are 21 controls to find in Rushcliffe Country Park. The map shows all the controls, which you can visit in any order.
Report any missing posts to the Ranger.
Have you tried smartphone orienteering yet?
For details about how this works using MapRun and a list of available courses in Nottinghamshire including this one visit www.noc-uk.org/introduction/VOCs.
It’s as simple as:
- Print out a map of your chosen course
- Download the free smartphone app
- Find your course in the app (….
- Run or walk around the course carrying your phone, which beeps each time you get to a checkpoint
- Your results are uploaded, and you can compare your time with everyone who has done it.
Other Things to do in the Area
The park is set in beautiful countryside just south of Ruddington. It is an ideal place for many activities, with a network of over 8 kilometres of footpaths.
It has a Café and Visitor Centre
For more details visit: https://www.rushcliffe.gov.uk/rushcliffecountrypark/
- Wheelchair accessible
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience