This page is hosted by British Orienteering on behalf of the four Home Nations.
There are Home Internationals for Juniors, Seniors and Veterans.
To be eligible to represent a country in a Home International (HI) a person must be a current British Orienteering member (or for Ireland team members, alternatively a member of IOA) and be:
- Eligible by Birth. Be born in that country OR
- Eligible by Parentage. Have a parent who was born in that country OR
- Eligible by Residence. Have established permanent residence in that country for at least one year.
- AND, if M/W18 or younger has not represented another country that calendar year; if M/W20 or older, has not represented any other country in a nation v nation international in the previous two years (GBR and (for Irish runners only) Eire excepted)
- Students are eligible by residence if they can prove a home base in that Country. Established eligibility is voided if another nation is represented.
- Seniors and Veterans: Two fallow years e.g. Two missed Home Internationals. Juniors may only represent one Country in any calendar year.