A Family Sport
Have you got kids with a sense of adventure? Who love to learn new skills, make new friends and have fun in the fresh air?
Do you want a sport the whole family can enjoy together? Where you can all progress at your own pace and enjoy a unique sense of achievement?
Then orienteering is the sport for you. This fantastic sport is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and events will usually have courses suitable for families when the events take place in local parks, green spaces and forested areas that have suitable paths for family groups. As you can take part at your own pace our unique sport is suitable for all including toddlers, pensioners and the disabled.
Orienteering is not only a fun and enjoyable sport it also provides valuable life skills including:
- Mental Challenges – decision making and team working skills
- Fun - You get to visit lots of new places and spend time in the great outdoors
- Lifetime skills – an introduction to map reading
- Confidence - in your abilities to problem solve and navigate
- Physical Activity - builds general fitness and stamina
- Excitement - the fun of a treasure hunt and the opportunity for walkers to beat the runners
- Team building – brings families or friends together
To find a family friendly event near you please search for an Xplorer event at www.xplorer.org.uk or search our club event fixtures list and look for the family friendly or suitable for newcomers symbol.